The Berg Motion Case is a vertical rotating display showcase. It is widely used in retail stores, museums, businesses, and private use. The case provides a highly visible and secure display space for valuable items. The design allows excellent viewing from the customer side while allowing easy access through the locking top serving door and rear sliding doors on the clerk side.
Multiple trays, rotating on a serpentine path in a Ferris wheel fashion are used to present items for easy viewing. A motion switch, for the viewer to operate, provides the option to rotate the trays forward or in reverse. As the trays rotate, each passes through an optimal viewing top shelf position, brightly illuminated just inches below the glass.
- The amount of display space is far greater than a normal stand-up showcase.
- There are no items obstructed from view by the shelf above as in a standard display case.
- Every tray is a focal point, encouraging the viewer to closely look at each item.
- A convenient top serving door provides the clerk with ready access.
- The curiosity about what the next tray contains keeps viewers engaged as they decide on a favorite item.
What Can I display?
The trays in the Berg Motion Case are 31½” long and come in two widths: 3¾” (Wide Tray) and 2½” (Narrow Tray). The maximum clearance between trays is a dome shape: 3¼” at the center and 1¾” at the sides for wide trays; 2″ and 1″ for narrow trays.
As trays travel around the path, gravity keeps them stable and flat. However, like the seats of a Ferris wheel, the trays can rock slightly. A low profile and center of gravity are best for what is being displayed. The items need to be stable enough to stay in position when the motion starts and stops. Some examples of items displayed in a Berg Motion Case include:
- Baseball cards
- Cigarette Lighters
- Fishing Lures
- Fountain pens
- Minerals and gems
- Model trains
How Much Weight Will it Hold?
The motor powering the Berg Motion Display works most efficiently when the weight is balanced in the “circle”. A mix of items with trays of different weights is not a problem. It is only necessary to counterbalance a light or heavy tray with a similarly weighted tray opposite it on the path.
We suggest the total weight of trays not exceed 55lbs. The higher the weight, the more important it is to keep it balanced. The trays will coast forward or backward when the motor stops if the balance of weight needs to be adjusted.
How Big is it?
The footprint of the Berg Motion Case is less than six square feet at 36″ wide and 20″ deep. Height options of 38″ or 40″ are both considered standard. The cabinet itself is 35″ tall, with either a 3″ or 5″ recessed kick base.
What about shipping?
Your showcase will be shipped as freight via common carrier. We choose between many carriers for shipping within the US, Canada, and internationally. Every shipment is reviewed to determine the best carrier and rate. Freight charges will be calculated based on the specifics of each order. To request a freight rate quote go to Contact Us.
The shipment will be set up specifically for your location whether it is a commercial or residential destination. Any special services you may require can be arranged. Special services may include lift gate delivery, limited access delivery, or time-specific delivery.
Less is more!
Yes, and more is less. Two showcases delivered to your location will cost less than twice the price of one. The local delivery portion of the cost is more about the trip from the dock to your door rather than weight. For example, one showcase delivered to a business in central Kentucky would cost about $170. But two showcases would only cost $225. Three showcases would be less than $300.
Shipments are FOB Origin and sent prepaid unless other arrangements are requested. International shipments outside North America can be brokered through your agents or arranged through our international broker. The crated shipping weight is 198 LBS measuring 41″ L x 26″ D x 53″ H and is shipped freight class 125.
At a glance…
We have identified general rates to various points throughout the US and Canada. The costs shown are based on one showcase for ground transportation only with no additional services.
- Choice of four laminate finishes (Black, White, Walnut or Oak)
- Brushed aluminum trim
- High output energy efficient LED lighting
- 15 Wide trays with Plush velour (simulated velvet) tray liners in seven vibrant colors
- Manual forward and reverse motion switch
- Locking lift up serving door and rear sliding doors (keyed alike)
- 38″ or 40″ overall height
- An electrical plug-in outlet for a case to case electrical supply
- Four aluminum trim options (Brushed Black, Brite Polished Clear, Brite Polished or Brushed Gold)
- Custom laminate finish
- 25 (all) narrow trays
- 19 tray combination of 10 narrow and 9 wide
- 21 tray combination of 15 narrow and 6 wide
- Automatic Motion Switch – select between manual operation or programmable intermittent on/off/on automatic rotation
- Front access convenience on/off power switch